Between 2007 and 2012, Krista piloted and developed the first delocalized casting department for Cirque du Soleil based in the United States. Accountable for the casting of hundreds of artists for all Cirque du Soleil resident shows worldwide, she gained a profound understanding and knowledge of the hundreds of acrobatic and artistic disciplines throughout the world. Monson also developed an ability to see into the souls of individual artists and expose their potential. Whether she is directing the final project or casting for clients, Monson understands the critical importance of recommending the right individual for the right role within the context of any given project in circus, dance, concert, multi-disciplinary theater.
In 2012, Monson was featured in the CNN series Leading Women which highlighted her role as a Casting Director.
She understands and delivers the casting process including:
- Definition of casting needs and roles with the creative team.
- Development of A-Z casting strategies including scouting, marketing, partnerships, alliances.
- Interface with agencies and social media platforms.
- Leading auditions.
- Diplomatic and respectful interface with candidates.
- Serving as ambassador to project with external artist communities.
- Presentations of candidates to clients up to signature.